• Elections were run by an outside agency. Percentages are not comparable between two divisions, since each division has a different number of candidates, seats, and voters. Percentages should only be used to compare votes within one division. See notes at bottom of page.
Election winners: % of voters who voted for:
NSGS (220 voters / 3 seats)
• Cummings 47%
• Capistrano 41%
• Janes 39%
NSSR (287 voters / 2 seats)
• Crews 61%
• Eingold 58%
PARSONS (335 voters / 5 seats)
• Cuaycong 54%
• Varela 50%
• Walsh 43%
• Kleinman 42%
• Weselcouch 36%
LANG (224 voters / 3 seats)
• Korte 71%
• Schulman 59%
• Wasserman 57%
MILANO (149 voters / 2 seats)
• Scharf 57%
• Gogia 46%
DRAMA (28 voters / 1 seat)
• Ziese 96%
JAZZ (24 voters / 1 seat)
• Mimiaga 38%
(Mannes’s 1 seat will be elected in September.)
1. USS does not conduct elections, for obvious reasons. The elections were conducted by an outside agency, ElectionsUSA. Results were reported to the administration. USS and the administration agreed that each side could publish whatever part of the information it wanted, and because the information is verified by both sides, each side checks the other for accuracy.
2. The administration decided to email the university community with the winners’ names. USS decided to publish the full results here.
3. Please note that percentages are not even across divisions. The number of seats, number of voters, and number of candidates affects a candidate’s ability to achieve different vote percentages — for example, in this election there were 9 candidates for 3 seats at NSGS, which had by far the most competition hence lower percentages per candidate. Divisions that have one seat will have even lower percentages.
4. Numbers do not add to 100% because voters could vote for up to as many seats as their division had (e.g. Parsons voters could vote for any number of candidates between 1 and 5 candidates.)
5. The number of seats is determined by the number of students in each Division, as follows:
0-500 students 1 Representative
501-1200 students 2 Representatives
1201-2000 students 3 Representatives
2001- 3000 students 4 Representatives
3000+ students 5 Representatives
Lang got an extra seat this year because it was just over 1200 students. NSGS did not get an extra seat because it was just under 2000. (cries)
6. After one week we are only printing result numbers for the winners. USS will provide complete results to any candidate on request.