• Elections were run by an outside agency. Percentages are not comparable between two divisions, since each division has a different number of candidates and voters. Percentages should only be used to compare votes within one division. See notes at bottom of page.
Election winners: % of voters who voted for:
LANG (5 candidates, 100 voters)
• Corey Mullee won this seat by a plurality of 34%.
• The percentages for the five other candidates were: 29%, 16%, 12%, and 9%.
JAZZ (2 candidates, 9 voters)
• Ben Fox won this seat by a majority of 56%.
MANNES (1 candidate, 5 voters)
• Hajir Sailors ran unopposed and a 100% yes vote.
1. USS does not conduct elections, for obvious reasons. The elections were conducted by an outside agency, ElectionsUSA. Results were reported to the administration. USS and the administration agreed that each side could publish whatever part of the information it wanted, and because the information is verified by both sides, each side checks the other for accuracy.
2. USS procedure is to print full results for 48 hours, after which we only print result numbers for the winners. USS will provide complete results to any candidate on request.
3. Please note that percentages are not even across divisions. The number of seats, number of voters, and number of candidates affects a candidate’s ability to achieve different vote percentages — for example, in this election there were 5 candidates from Lang for the one open seat, which had by far the most competition hence lower percentages per candidate. (Note that the other two seats from Lang will still be elected in April.)